Sybrant Construction is a design build general contractor that works exclusively with federal government agencies, including the following: Army Corps of Engineers, Department of Veterans Affairs, Naval Facilities Engineering Command, Department of the Air Force, U.S. Forest Service, U.S. Department of Justice (Bureau of Prisons), U.S. Air Force, National Park Service, and the Bureau of Reclamation.
Location: Glendale, AZ
Hours: Fulltime (Graduated Student)
The Document Control Coordinator is responsible for maintaining the flow of construction documentation throughout the bidding and construction process.
· Receives, tracks, and monitors bid documents using established document management procedures to register documents; maintain databases; and produce reports as required.
· Enters data and produces reports using MS Access.
· Processes solicitations, plans, and specs, as well as all amendments through all procedural steps in accordance with well-defined procedures and guidelines.
· Ensures that pre-established document control requirements (e.g., which document numbering system will be used) are satisfactorily met throughout the bidding of the project.
· Maintains an established data distribution system for the assigned project based upon project and department requirements.
· Initiates and replies to routine correspondence related to area of responsibility.
· Performs other duties commensurate with functional level and responsibilities.
Project Management Phase:
· Inputs documentation and transmittals into the owner’s RMS system.
· Maintains updated Submittal Log, monitor the submittal schedule, and status.
· Inputs RFI’s (Requests for Information).
· Receives, logs, and tracks plans and specifications as received, including all revisions.
· Distributes plans and specifications to contractor personnel as well as subcontractors.
· Maintains all hard copy files of project documentation.
· Maintains electronic copy files of project documentation.
· Works with superintendents, engineers, and administration as required.
· Works with Government’s representatives as required.
· Supports Construction Manager, Superintendents, and Construction Engineers with submittals, RFI’s, drawings, specifications, and other project documents.
· Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Bachelor Degree in Construction Management or Civil Engineering is a plus.
· Six months or more experience working in a federal construction environment preferably in similar position with similar responsibilities.
· Accuracy in working with details is required.
· Knowledge of federal construction documents, including solicitations, plans, specs, and handling submittals.
· Knowledge of the construction bidding and project management process.
· Proven ability to manage time and work priorities to ensure the orderly flow of construction documentation throughout the bidding and construction process.
· Capable of communicating directly with estimating, engineering, and administrative staff.
· Proven proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Access, Excel, and Outlook. Proficiency in other construction industry standard software packages is a strong plus.
· Experience and proficiency in Primavera Expedition software is preferred.
· Ability to get along with engineers and superintendents needed.
Send resume to Jan McNally, Business Manager, Sybrant Construction: firstname.lastname@example.org